- By His forgiveness. There is a special healing of the soul, and also of the body when we confess our sins and God forgives us. It is a wonderous cleansing of the Lord that heals the body and soul of the poison of sin (1 Jn. 1:9). I love Malachi 4:2, which speaks of all those who believe in Him at His coming.
Malachi 4:2 But for you who fear My name the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its wings; and you will go forth and skip about like calves from the stall.
- From healing waters. Ezekiel 47:1-12 gives us the account of these waters. In this account (which is a vision from the Lord) there is no explanation of where the water originates from, but only that it flowed out from under the temple, first as a small stream, then, as it flowed out, the stream became deeper and deeper until it was a river.
In Ezekiel’s vision the stream flowed to the east to the river Jordan and then into the Dead Sea; but Zechariah 14:8 tells us that the water also will flow to the west, to the Mediterranean Sea.
This water will be more than what we know as purified water. It will be super purified and super good! It will come right out from under the temple. In other words, it will come from God. He will create it. And on both banks of the river fruit trees will grow producing fruit for eating and leaves for healing. And as the water flows into the Dead Sea, those waters will become fresh, and the sea will from that time on produce fresh fish of all kinds.
Now we can’t be certain whether these healing waters will be just in Palestine. I have an idea that God will cause them to flow in all the lakes and streams all over the world—so that all the earth’s water will be pure. I wonder what this water will be like. Whatever experience you have had in drinking good water, I’m sure this water will be so much better. It will be just like the water Adam and Eve drank. I think it will be water that is not only loaded with nutrients, which will bring healing to every part of the body; I think it will taste great too!
- From leaves and plants. I think there is quite a variety of plants even now that will bring healing. But unfortunately, with our limited knowledge we have not discovered all of them, and have not tapped into the full potential of their healing powers. In the millennium Jesus will show us how to be healed from all that He has created. And I imagine that because of the purity of the waters, the air, and the ground, all plant life will be free of poisons and loaded with healing power.
- From the sunlight. In the millennium the light of the sun will be seven times brighter (Isa. 30:26), yet its rays will not be harmful. This again may be due to the protective vapor canopy that will surround the earth and filter out all the harmful rays of the sun, yet will bring in all the healing benefits—like vitamin D.
- From miracles. In that day, besides natural healing, there will also be miracles. Isaiah 35:5-6 tells us,
Then the eyes of the blind will be opened, And the ears of the deaf will be unstopped. 6 Then the lame will leap like a deer, And the tongue of the dumb will shout for joy. For waters will break forth in the wilderness And streams in the Arabah.
We don’t know who will do the healing, but I imagine that Jesus will, and the twelve disciples will, and all the church will—all those who have glorified bodies; and I suppose many holy Jews will do healings also—whom God will give the gift of healing. But we don’t know. We will have to wait and see.