In light of the increase of terror lately—the Paris attacks, and the most recent shootings in San Bernardino, California that killed 14 and injured 21 people, I have felt the overwhelming need to research and write on this subject in an effort to come to a better understanding of ISIS (and all terrorists). Why? Because if we understand them, if we understand their religion and their culture, then we will be able to pray for them more intelligently. Moreover, in our prayers and thoughts we will be more sympathetic toward them and more capable of loving them in spite of their hatred and murder. The bible tells us that war and terror will continue, but nonetheless, we as Christians must continue to pray for God’s peace—that through all the hate and fighting many will find His peace, a peace that brings great joy and hope of eternal life.
So, in the last couple of days I have been busy reading and studying on what I believe is at the heart of the problem—the religion of ISIS, Islam; for these workers of evil seem to be compelled more than anything by the very foundations of their faith, which is the Quran, and also the early teachings and example of Mohamed.
Here are twelve topics that I will be writing on over the next month or so:
- Understanding ISIS: Who is Allah?
- Understanding ISIS: The Evil Roots of Islam
- Understanding ISIS: Islam Means Submission
- Understanding ISIS: Islam’s Bloody Beginnings
- Understanding ISIS: The Meaning of Jihad
- Understanding ISIS: Islam and Slavery
- Understanding ISIS: Islam and Women
- Understanding ISIS: Extremists or Fundamentalists
- Understanding ISIS: Liberal or Modern Muslims, Hypocrites
- Understanding ISIS: ___ Reasons why the Religion of Islam is Evil
- What Drives ISIS to Terror? ____ Things
- What Should Be the Christian’s Attitude Toward Muslims?
I have no doubt that some people will be offended by what I uncover, but my intention is to present the truth so that we can better pray; also, that those in the bonds of evil may find freedom in Christ.
Oh Lord, deliver many out of the bonds of evil.
Let them see Your peace and love through Christ.
Also, show us how to pray for them and for ourselves.
We are afraid for our lives.
Comfort us and keep us courageous for You,
Let nothing detour us for the fight for righteousness
And show us how to love even our enemies.