In saying that Islam is not a peaceful religion, I am not saying that all Muslims are not peaceful. I think there are many good, peaceful Muslims in the world. But I don’t believe they are peaceful because of Islam or the Koran. No. I believe they have peace because the true God of peace has put it in them. They love peace and kindness and love, not because of Islam, but because God, the true God (not Allah) has written it on their heart, and so they know what is right and what is wrong.
I will not say that everything in the religion of Islam is evil and good for nothing. No. I think God is able to work through any religion that is false for His good purposes. For example, Muslims are called to pray often. Without knowing it perhaps God uses their prayers; perhaps many are praying, without realizing it, to the true God—and God hears their prayers.
But I am compelled to speak the truth. The truth is that the very foundation of Islam is not peaceful. It is the opposite of peaceful. Here are …
10 Reasons Why Islam Is Not a Peaceful Religion
1. Islam, (that is, the purest form of Islam in the east) takes away personal freedom. The religion of Islam, just like in the Arab culture, is run by dictators. This system would be good and peaceful if the dictators were good and true (as Jesus was). But they are not, for in the name of Islam and Allah they have done much evil (see next point).
2. At the very start of Islam, Muhammad received revelations (supposedly from Gabriel) to go and kill Christians and Jews. In one revelation he was told to kill and drive out all Jews. Muhammad, is the main prophet of Islam, one whom all Muslim are encouraged to pattern their life after. Yet, he is one of the most cruel and evil men that ever lived. One time he gathered together and beheaded 1000 Jews.
3. Islam means submission, not peace. The name implies not voluntary submission, but forced submission.
4. Islam uses jihad to bring people by force to convert to Islam. Jihad means holy war. This holy war they may say has the purpose of bringing all people to world peace. But peace will never be achieved by murder and terrorism.
5. The Koran was written under demonic inspiration. While in a cave meditating, Muhammad was possessed by demons (or a demon), and through this demon possession came the Koran. Read my article entitled, Understanding Isis: The Evil Roots of Islam.
6. Islam has always been a religion spread by force, not through peaceful means of persuasion. Peaceful means of persuasion is of course the right way to spread the truth of God to a godless world. But Islam has not chosen that path.
In his book, Behind The Veil: Unmasking Islam, El Schafi, and a team of Christian converts from Islam, has done excellent research on the subject of Islam and have based their research and conclusions on the work of nothing but mainstream Muslims, both ancient and modern, from Saudi Arabia, Egypt and other Middle Eastern Islamic countries. This is what he has found regarding how they spread their religion. He wrote…
Muhammad and his successors initiated offensive wars against peaceful countries in order to impose Islam by force as well as to seize the abundance of these lands. Their objective was to capture women and children and to put an end to the poverty and hunger from which Arab Muslims suffered. So, Islam was imposed upon Syria, Jordan, Palestine (Jerusalem), Egypt, Libya, Iraq, Iran, all of North Africa, some parts of India and China, and later Spain… Undoubtedly, the concept of an offensive war to spread the faith is a genuine Islamic concept; it is known as a Holy War for the sake of God…this is the essence of Islam. (This is taken from the article, Islam Is Not a Peaceful Religion, by Thomas Ice.)
7. The Koran advocates militancy and hatred toward non-Muslims. Here are seven quotes from the Koran (taken from the article Islam Is Not a Peaceful Religion, by Thomas Ice.):
But when the forbidden months are past, then fight and slay the Pagans wherever ye find them. And seize them, beleaguer them. Lie in wait for the in every stratagem of war; but if they repent, and establish regular prayers and practice regular charity, then open the way for them: For Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. (Surah 9:5)
Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Apostle, nor acknowledge the Religion of Truth, even if they are of the people of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with will submission, and feel themselves subdued. (Surah 9:29)
Go forth, light-armed and heavy-armed, and strive and struggle with your goods and your persons, in the Cause of Allah. (Surah 9:41)
The infidel is to be “killed or crucified, or have their hands and feet on alternate sides cut off, or will be expelled out of the land . . . and in the hereafter theirs will be an awful doom.” (Surah 5:33)
Fight in the way of Allah against those who fight against you, but begin not hostilities. Lo! Allah loveth no aggressors. And slay them wherever you find them, and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out. . . . But if they desist, then lo! Allah is forgiving, merciful. (Surah 2:190-92)
Fight against such of those who have been given the Scripture as believe not in Allah nor the Last Day. . . . Go forth, light-armed and heavy-armed, and strive with your wealth and your lives in the way of Allah! ( Surah 2:29, 41)
Those who believe do battle for the cause of Allah; and those who reject the faith do battle for the cause of evil. So fight ye against the friends of Satan. (Surah 4:76)
8. Muhammad, the founder of Islam was cruel and brutal toward non-Muslims. According to El Schafi, “He tortured his captives with fire, then killed them and took their wives as bond maids and wives for himself as well as for his companions.”
9. Islamic law is not peaceful toward women. According to the article, The Myths of Islam,
There is no ambiguity in the Quran, the life of Muhammad, or Islamic law as to the inferiority of women to men despite the efforts of modern-day apologists to salvage Western-style feminism from scraps and fragments of verses that have historically held no such progressive interpretation.
After military conquests, Muhammad would dole out captured women as war prizes to his men. In at least one case, he advocated that they be raped in front of their husbands. Captured women were made into sex slaves by the very men who killed their husbands and brothers. There are four Quranic verses in which “Allah” makes clear that a Muslim master has full sexual access to his female slaves, yet there is not one that prohibits rape.
The Quran gives Muslim men permission to beat their wives for disobedience, but nowhere does it command love in marriage (although it is said to exist). The verses plainly say that husbands are “a degree above” wives. The Hadith says that women are intellectually inferior, and that they comprise the majority of Hell’s occupants.
10. Islamic law does not prohibit slavery. According to the article, The Myths of Islam,
There is not the least bit of intolerance for slavery anywhere in the Quran. In fact, the “holy” book of Islam explicitly gives slave-owners the freedom to sexually exploit their slaves – not just in one place, but in at least four separate Suras. Islamic law is littered with rules concerning the treatment of slaves, some of which are relatively humane, but none that prohibit the actual practice by any stretch.