As Russia is offloading troops and armored vehicles in Syria, and as they are now promising a s-300 surface-to-air missile system to Iran, one has to wonder how close the Ezekiel 38 and 39 war against Israel is. It seems that with this recent Russian development, the war is quickly falling into place.
The Ezekiel 38, 39 Invasion
The leader nation which will invade Israel will be Gog, which many scholars believe to be modern day Russia. The other nations will be Gog’s allies—Persia, Libya, Gomer (Turkey), Ethiopia, and Togarmah, all of which are Arab Muslim countries, haters of Israel (vv. 1-17).
And the word of the Lord came to me saying, 2 “Son of man, set your face toward Gog of the land of Magog, the prince of Rosh, Meshech and Tubal, and prophesy against him 3 and say, ‘Thus says the Lord God, “Behold, I am against you, O Gog, prince of Rosh, Meshech and Tubal. 4 “I will turn you about and put hooks into your jaws, and I will bring you out, and all your army, horses and horsemen, all of them splendidly attired, a great company with buckler and shield, all of them wielding swords; 5 Persia, Ethiopia and Put with them, all of them with shield and helmet; 6 Gomer with all its troops; Beth-togarmah from the remote parts of the north with all its troops — many peoples with you.
The purpose for their invasion is simply to steal away their land and wealth; to take from those who are rich and live securely and to keep it for themselves.
10 ‘Thus says the Lord God, “It will come about on that day, that thoughts will come into your mind and you will devise an evil plan, 11 and you will say, ‘I will go up against the land of unwalled villages. I will go against those who are at rest, that live securely, all of them living without walls and having no bars or gates, 12 to capture spoil and to seize plunder, to turn your hand against the waste places which are now inhabited, and against the people who are gathered from the nations, who have acquired cattle and goods, who live at the center of the world.’
We know that Syria will not be involve in the war, but Iran certainly will. So it will be interesting to see things develop. Some believe that the rapture of the church will come before this war, but some do not. I’m not sure myself. I don’t think it matters.
Here are some highlights of two articles that I suggest reading.
From the article, Russian military build-up in Syria ‘unprecedented,’ officials say
- Two U.S. officials who have reviewed the latest intelligence told Fox News that satellite imagery reveals more flights of massive Russian An-124 “condor” military cargo planes landing in Syria. They are offloading troops, including just under 50 Russian marines, and armored vehicles.
- “This is definitely a build-up straight out of Russia’s military doctrine,” said one official.
- The Russian government is not denying the build-up.
From the article, Iran: Russia to deliver its S-300 missile system by year’s end
- Iranian Defense Minister Hossein Dehghan said Sunday that Russia has agreed to begin delivering its advanced air defense system to Iran “by the end of the year.”
- The Lebanese Al Mayadeen news outlet quoted Dehghan as confirming the delivery date of the Russian-made S-300 surface-to-air missile system.
- Israel has long sought to block the sale to Iran of the S-300 system, which analysts say could impede a potential Israeli strike on Tehran’s nuclear facilities. Other officials have expressed concern that the systems could reach Syria and Hezbollah, diluting Israel’s regional air supremacy.